Free Takeaway Ordering Websites
By Kevin Moyse
You may have noticed when looking for full colour takeaway menu printing at Cheap Takeaway Menus that we mention FREE SETUP of our takeaway ordering websites quite a bit. There’s a good reason for this.
Like our menu printing…. They are brilliant!
Even though we say so ourselves, the takeaway online ordering websites which we will set up FREE with all orders for menu printing on Cheap Takeaway Menus are top notch. We should know - we built it ourselves from the ground up. We’re continually improving it and we're immensely proud of it. Here’s why:
A website – especially a website for takeaways – is not specifically a marketing tool like a takeaway menu. That’s not to say it won’t do a bit of marketing for you. How can it not? It’s got your takeaway’s name, logo and contact information on it, not to mention all the wonderful dishes you provide, your delivery options and opening hours, all working quietly to move you up the rankings on search engines. But you want a takeaway website that does more than simply market your takeaway; you want it to pull its weight. That’s exactly what our takeaway ordering websites do. They’re a business efficiency tool designed to help you streamline your takeaways operation. You can save on staff costs to answer the phone and your customers can save on phone bills. At the click of a mouse your menu is in your customer’s living room ready for them to order your food.
Our online ordering websites are like the proverbial swan - smooth and graceful to the casual observer, but with a clever piece of engineering and design working hard underneath the surface.
In its most simple terms it is a way of neatly listing all your food and allowing your customers to navigate easily around them to easily make a selection. You can show your opening times and delivery information, and your customers can contact you securely to make their orders. It’s good for them because it’s secure and direct; it’s good for you because the extra member of staff that would normally answer the phone can now help prepare the order!
You can accept credit and debit cards payments through CardSave or to your PayPal or Worldpay account without you having to do anything but fulfil the order and send it on its tasty way. If card transactions fees worry your profit margins the takeaway website can add a fixed card fee of 40p-50p to cover the costs of an average online takeaway order. Or if the customer wants to pay cash on delivery it’s set up for that too! There is even the choice of PDQ terminal at the door or over the telephone.
Add a 10% discount during the websites early days to encourage its usage – All online orders save 10% for a limited time only. Soon we will be adding the ability to create and issue discount codes to specific people for specific food…all to help your PR and marketing drive. These will work great as prizes for online order raffles, simply order to food online to win the chance of entering the discount code raffle!
Our takeaway websites take into account that customers might want to buy extras, smaller portions, or be offered a choice of the same dish cooked differently. All designed to offer your valued and valuable customers a seamless and satisfying journey to get their food (without leaving their armchairs).
As we said, we’re very proud of our takeaway ordering websites, but we’re especially proud of the delivery section. We can configure your site to calculate delivery costs based on a number of variables using standard delivery, delivery charge based on distance, delivery charge based on cost of order, and many other permutations of these. It can also use variable minimum order value amounts to specific postcodes with variable delivery charges.
It’s all pretty exciting stuff. To us it is anyway, but once you see how much work the takeaway ordering website does for you and your takeaway we have a feeling you might get a little bit excited too. Some of our clients are averaging 5 to 6 orders on week days and 8 to 14 on the weekend.
For a more in depth technical look at how our online ordering websites work, including screenshots to give you an idea of how your website might appear, click here>>> or to have a look at our demonstration site click here>>>
Websites like Just Eat and Hungry House are web portals; this means they’ll charge you commission for using their services. Our websites, which we will set up for free, belong to you. You can change them whenever you like, and you don’t pay a penny in commission.
Our takeaway websites are built using fully responsive and adaptive structure. This means that it automatically adapts to whatever device the customer is viewing it on, be it smartphone, tablet or PC – so there is no need for separate “Apps”. If you don’t think this is a big deal then it’s worth noting that the BBC is only just getting round to introducing a responsive iPlayer. Cheap Takeaway Menus can offer that kind of functionality to its customers right now! That’s how far we think ahead and how much work we put into our websites.
As for updates, when we get them you get them. We’ve got a lot in the pipeline, such as –
- Content Management System (CMS) to make price and product changes yourself. Actually you can edit any information you need to like phone number and address. This was recently completed and we are currently bug fixing to make sure everything is running smoothly. When we are confident that everything is ok we will release the CMS for all customers to manage their own website. Until then we will alter everything completely free and after its release we will charge a nominal fee to make alterations for you.
- Front end user system for stored orders, saved delivery info, favourite food lists etc. This will be a great way to track your successes and make the order to delivery process even more efficient.
- Customer reviews and feedback. Again this is a great way to keep a track on how well your restaurant is doing.
- Food photo galleries to promote your food. A specific area of the takeaway website will be reserved for you to upload any images you want to without hindering or distracting customers from the ordering process.
- Social networking integration with Facebook, twitter etc. The more ways customers can get access to your site the better and from here they can stay informed with all your regular social updates
- Email promotions - the ability to email offers etc. to your clients. You can build up a sizeable database of customers to keep in touch with which is completely free to use. Currently the takeaway website collects and stores the information we just need to create the area of the back end to process, display and utilise the information
- Text messaging promotions - text your customers offers during quiet periods
- Create regular offers for your regular customers
- Table reservations for restaurants
- Takeaway website design catalogue so you can choose and change the design of your website with a flick of a mouse click
- FREE Connection to our future takeaway ordering portal website where we will add and very small percentage onto all orders it generates. This portal will automatically link to your existing website. We will market this aggressively online to help you generate even more sales through your existing website... win win!
This is just a taste of some of the exciting things which lie ahead if you grab yourself one of our fabulous takeaway websites. Keep visiting CheapTakeawayMenus.com and CheapTakeawayWebsites.com for more developments!
If you buy an EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) system through us we can connect it to your website without any problems. If you choose to buy one elsewhere then as long as it has an API (Application Programming Interface) or accepts orders by email then we can hook that up to your site too. Don’t be put off by the jargon. It’s all designed to make your business run more smoothly, and once its set up and working your takeaway website will work even harder for you.
We could talk about our online takeaway ordering websites all day. We’ve worked hard to build something that will give your takeaway a measurable boost and help your business succeed.
And they’re set up for FREE! To get yours just place a menu order.