How Cheap Takeaway Menus Works
By Kevin Moyse
Cheap Takeaway Menus creates quality takeaway menus at a low cost to you. A simple description for what appears to be a simple process; but that is because of all the work we have put in to make the whole process faster and easier for our customers. Our menu design team work to come up with an idea and a look which is unique to your takeaway, and our menu printers make sure that the finished takeaway menu is a high quality, flawless piece of work which will serve you well as it is sent out into the world. Should you need a website, well, our colleagues at Cheap Takeaway Websites can provide you with something special too. What we do is not as simple as it sounds, but it is something in which we have a lot of experience. And we use that experience to make things as easy as possible for our customers. For you.
Just as we recently provided a step by step guide to registering for the preferential rates available to our customers when they choose Worldpay as their payment gateway, we thought we would take you through the fast and user friendly process involved in ordering some our fantastic menus. It doesn’t take long to sort out and before you know it your menus (and anything else you order) will be on their way to you. And don’t forget that our prices include the design, printing, folding, and delivery of your menus as standard.
Okay, so here we go with how it all works. There are two processes involved:
The Order Process, which is what you will move through first, is as follows.
1. Choose your takeaway menu product.
All of our products are listed down the right hand side of the homepage. Clicking on any one of them will bring up a full range of options and prices for that product. You can click on ‘Buy’ to immediately add this product to your basket or you can first click on ‘Details’ to look at each individual product offer and price in more detail before you click on ‘Order Now’.
2. Login or create a basic account using your name, email and password.
Once you have added the product you want to your basket and are ready to make the purchase click on ‘Buy & Make Payment’. From here you will be asked to login or register with us by providing your name, email address, and a password. Once you click register you will move on to making the payment.
3. Make a payment.
You can choose to pay the full amount of your order or a £75 artwork deposit (with the remainder to be settled before your menus go to print). The deposit is refundable until changes are requested, after this the design is considered as sold.
The Production Process is where, with your help, we can nail down exactly what you want and give it to you.
4. After you have placed your order we will contact you to find out what you are looking for and ask you to log in to your account and complete your account details (address, telephone number, company name etc.) and we will request your menu content (categories, products, description, prices, opening times, delivery specifications, special requirements etc.) We will need you to provide a text file of your menu content for our work purposes (or we can type one up from an existing printed menu for a one off £25 charge; we give you a copy of the file for use in the future).
We also need any digital files you have which contain your logo. If none are available we can recreate an existing logo for £25, design a new pro version for £49 or create a simple one for free (if you plan to use the free logo design elsewhere we will supply it only if the £49 pro fee is paid).
Any other information you would like to provide (e.g. colour scheme, design style etc.) will be useful. This information will form the design brief for our menu design team to work from.
We provide one professional stock image included in the price. These are purchased from www.123rf.com once the design is signed off. Additional images can be supplied by the client or by us for a fee of £7 for each image. See our recent article about images on menus .
5. The designers will have the first menu design proof ready in three full working days. The designers upload the proof to our website, you will be notified automatically by email once uploaded. To view the proof simply login into your account, go into the job and navigate to the proof tab. From this you can suggest any changes you would like to make. We offer two sets of changes free (a total of three sets of design proofs) before we levy any charges for further work. Extra proofs are £25 for each set of changes.
6. Once the design is approved and signed off by both ourselves and you, we will collect any outstanding payments (simply login into your account, go into the job and navigate to the payment tab). It is at this point that we purchase any professional stock images to replace any temporary placeholder versions.
7. From here we create the final print ready artwork which needs to be signed off by you before it goes to our menu printers. This is your last chance to make any changes. Any new files we create after this will be chargeable at £25 per print ready artwork.
8. Once signed off by you, the print ready artwork file is sent to production and between 5 and 10 working days later your lovely new takeaway menus will arrive at the delivery address you provided.
That’s the full process from start to finish.
And here is an illustrated step by step of the ordering process.
The first image is our Home Page. Whether you’re a new customer or you're returning to order some more fantastic products from us, this is where you’ll start. For the purposes of these instructions we’ll assume you are a new customer. So a warm welcome to you.
Let’s say you’re looking to purchase some A4 menus. Select the appropriate option down the right hand side.
Click on your choice and the full range of options for the purchase of A4 menus will pop up, as seen below.
A Special Offer? Five thousand menus for only £16 more than I would spend for 2000. Bargain. Let’s have a closer look. Click on ‘Details’.
No, I wasn’t seeing things. That is the offer (until 30th September but don’t worry, it’ll be back) and it works out at under six pence per menu. Amazing. Click ‘Order Now’ to add this to your basket.
Okay, so you’re done and ready to check out. Click ‘Buy & Make Payment’ and you come to the following page.
Here you can start to provide us with some details about yourself and create your basic account. Provide your name and email address along with a password for you to use to log in to your account every time you visit us. Make a note (mental or otherwise) of your password and click ‘Register’. The next screen will appear.
Here you can choose to either pay a £75 deposit up front with the balance to be paid before we send your menu to the printers for completion, or you can settle up the full amount immediately. So let’s say you’re going to pay the deposit first. Click ‘Pay Deposit’.
See our FAQs for details of payment options. If you pay by card you will then be redirected to the Worldpay gateway to complete the transaction.
Once that’s done, it’s over to us to begin the production process. We’ll be in touch very soon.
Pretty straightforward, isn’t it? You can contact us at any time throughout the whole process with any questions you might have but remember that once those final print ready artwork files are signed off, the menu is locked for printing.
You have now created your account and placed your first order for top quality takeaway menus. Keep a note of your login details for your next visit and keep an eye on those special offers which are changing and being added to all the time.
We want the process of ordering your products to be as painless as possible for you, so you can concentrate on running your business, putting those menus to good use and providing great food and service to your customers. If you have any suggestions which you think might improve both your experience of ordering and ours, we would love to hear from you.